Artist Submission Process
Lucky Street Gallery is constantly looking for emerging and mid-career artists seeking representation. We ask that artists who wish to submit their portfolios first review our roster of current artists’ work to better understand our focus and mission to represent the highest quality contemporary arts and fine art craft.
If you are a multi media artist, please only submit works which pertain to Lucky Street Gallery.
Due to the volume of Artist submissions, we have developed Guidelines for Gallery Review, and failure to follow these procedures will chill the review process.
Portfolios will only be accepted through the postal or courier systems. They cannot be hand delivered, and will not be accepted if they are hand delivered.
Portfolios must include a stamped, self-addressed envelope for return to the artist. The gallery will not return submissions that do not include return postage, and Lucky Street accepts no responsibility for inadequate postage.
Portfolios should contain:
- Minimum five images of recent work accompanied by titles, dimensions and medium.
- Artist biography listing previous/current exhibitions and representation, significant sales and prices, education, etc.
- We will only accept high quality photos of the artist’s work, actual work will not be considered beyond scheduled appointments made specifically by the gallery director. We will not review artwork submitted on CD’s or DVD’s or floppies. High quality digital printouts are fine.
- Artist’s websites DO NOT replace submissions, although you can include your web site address in your submission.
- Review generally requires a thirty-day turnaround period. If we have questions or require additional information, we will contact you.
- After review, if a stamped self-address envelope has been included, the artist’s portfolio will be returned to them or kept for further consideration, in which case the Gallery will be in contact with you.